Balanced Breakfast Smoothie 2.o
salute the sun
The combinations are endless. Be fearless and try something new. Keep it fresh, and keep it seasonal. Amounts vary depending on personal preference for thickness. Top it off with homemade granola.
- Liquid Base: Nut Milk, Cold Pressed Juice, Coconut Water, Green Tea, Yerba Mate, Aloe Vera
- Leafy Green: Spinach, Kale, Parsley, Cilantro
- Fiber Boost: Chia Gel, Flaxmeal
- Fat: Coconut Yogurt, Nut/Seed Butter, Avocado, Cacao Butter, MCT Oil
- Brightness: Lemon zest, cucumber, jalapeño, seasonal fruit
- Optional: Hemp Protein, Supergreens Powder, Bee Pollen, Maca, Moringa, Matcha, Ashwagandha, Maqui, Cinnamon, Cacao, Camu Camu, Cardamon, Chaga
"Just Right" Breakfast Porridge
personalize with toppings
The joyful harmony of 3 grains are the base of this porridge. Batch cook and store. Reheat next day with water or nut milk. Pack with almond milk in a jar for breakfast on the go!
- Base: Gluten Free Oats, Sprouted Quiona, Chia Seed Gel
- Superfood Toppings: Flaxmeal, wheat germ, hemp seeds, coconut shreds, cacao nibs, cinnamon, bee pollen
- Sweetness: Organic Seasonal Fruit, goji berries, goldenberries, raw local honey
- Crunch, fat, and protein: raw nuts and seeds
- Optional Greens Boost: Finely chopped spinach - undetectable by the littles!
breakfast, lunch, or dinner
Quick, family friendly, and transports well. Serve with avocado, sour cream, and your favorite hot sauce. Cooking in a cast iron skillet will increase iron content.
- Pasture raised organic eggs
- Artichoke hearts
- Red Potatoes
Glowing Greens Soup
cytochrome p450 support
Serve with any grain: brown rice, quinoa, faro, etc. Equally delicious with crusty bread. My kids love to dip it.
- Aromatics: Onion, garlic, leek, celery
- Thickener: Cauliflower, celery root, sunchokes, broccoli
- Leafy Greens: Kale, Spinach, Beet Greens, Chard, Arugula
- Miso Broth with hemp seeds or raw cashews
- Brightness: lemon, Rice wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, champagne vinegar
from mamabee's mom
My mama made this for the family whenever one of fell sick. Warm, cozy, and full of revitalizing foods, I now make this for my family when we need nourishment.
- Whole chicken, oxtail bones or ham hock
- Short grain organic white rice or combo of short grain brown and white rice
- Ginger root
- Goji Berries
Eat your Rainbow Veggies
seasonal, simple, and delicious
Sheet pan, cooking fat, and clean hands.
- Red: Beets, Radish
- Orange: Yams, Carrot, Pumpkin, Acorn Squash, Kabocha Squash
- Yellow: Summer squash, Winter squash, Parsnip, Golden Beets, Spaghetti squash
- Green: Asparagus, Ramps, Broccolini, Zucchini, shishito pepper, fennel
- Browns /Whites: Mushrooms, Parsnips, Turnips, Lotus Root, Celery Root, Burdock, Cauliflower
- Flavors: Cinnamon, Miso glazed, Tumeric, Himalayan Pink Salt, Chili flakes, Fresh Herbs, Gremolata, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil
Calming Digestion Tea
have a mindful moment
Take a breathe, step outside, and wonder...
- Fresh Lemon
- Fresh Ginger
- Fresh Mint Leaves
- Optional: Chamomile, Lavender Tea
- Optional: Crystalized Ginger, Manuka Honey
Leftover Grain Bowl
good enough for company
This bowl makes an appearance at least 3 times a week in our household.
- Leftover grains - my favorite combo is red quinoa, faro, and brown rice.
- Leftover rainbow roasted veggies
- Protein Choice: Wild Salmon, rotisserie chicken, 6 minute eggs, grass fed skirt steak, ground bison, canned line caught tuna, anchovies, mackerel, or sardines.
- Fresh leafy greens, seasonal veggies and herbs
- Toppings: Kimchi, sesame seeds, avocado, furikake, Sambal sauce, Maldon salt
- Sauces: tahini garlic and lemon, coconut aminos lime and sesame seed oil, mayo and your favorite hot sauce